I am thrilled to be offering for sale a car that can never be repeated, the one and only “McLAREN RACING MSO 12C” Clubsport.
Finished in a unique exterior livery of Supernova Silver with McLaren Rocket Red accents, with interior of black leather and Alcantara and with MSO bespoke touches throughout, such as the exclusive dedication plaque proudly fitted to the drivers door.
This exceptional car had an extraordinary start to life at the very birth of McLaren Automotive, being one of the very earliest swipe door cars built at the MTC, it was then purchased internally as new but un-registered by the McLaren F1 Racing team and finished by the racing teams paint department in one off F1 Chrome, matching exactly McLaren’s Formula1 race cars driven by their world champions, Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton.
The car was transported by the McLaren Racing around the world supporting the F1 team at race weekend and events, it was presented to superstars at international Concours de’ Elegance such as Pebble Beach, premiered at the launch of McLaren Automotive held at One Hyde Park and on a variety of promotional drives for sponsors, always with Lewis and Jenson at the helm.
It was finally given pride of place displayed on the famous McLaren Technology centre hall of fame Boulevard, exhibited amongst their legendary race cars with names of immortal drivers on every one.
A few years ago and after lengthy negotiations, the current owner purchased the car from the McLaren F1 team, with agreement that the car was allowed a unique title of “McLAREN RACING MSO 12C” that would not be repeated and supplied with a hardback image book created by McLaren Racing to go with the car’s history, signed in person by Mr. Ron Dennis.
The car was immediately handed over to the creative hands of McLaren Special Operations (MSO) who, together with the owner, started designing a homage to the MP4-25 Formula1 car of the 2010 season. Sadly the chrome paintwork was deemed to be too delicate as it does not have endurance required for a road going car, so Supernova Silver was chosen as the ideal colour to replicate the original, then almost everything else was changed or upgraded.
Starting at the front end with MSO Carbon fibre High downforce front splitter with added side dive planes, the bonnet is now full carbon fibre as are the louvred front wings and the now famous Roof Snorkel with interior carbon induction chamber. The carbon door blades and turning vanes add accents to the sides, before you reach the vast GT3 style fixed rear wing, painted with the car’s name emblazoned on the top surface, GT3 race style painted rear bumper and large MSO rear diffuser finishing off the tail end.
Cosmetics are not the only points to be breathed on by the MSO team, fitting the interior with the Clubsport Harness bar, they also spent time working on the cars performance with one-off (un-disclosed) power upgrades and software updates that have succeeded in raising the performance to a quoted “above average” level.
This is also completely unrepeatable by being very likely the worlds last 12C to be registered as a new in October 2018.
All adding up to make this one of the rarest McLaren’s to date, having an incredible back story that is intrinsically tied to the very start of the McLaren Automotive brand and highlighting their stunning visual creativeness. A car born out of the genesis of the modern McLaren era and a collectors gem.
Full specification includes:
- Exterior in Supernova Silver with McLaren Rocket Red livery
- Interior in Black Leather and Alcantara
- Stitching in Silver grey
- Seat Belts in Black
- IRIS 2 with Full Meridian speakers, Navigation & Bluetooth.
- MSO Rear Harness Bar in black
- MSO Race Harnesses in Rocket Red
- MSO Carbon Fibre Bucket seats in Black Leather and Alcantara
- MSO Carbon Fibre driver instrument cluster with F1 shift lights
- MSO Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel with Black Alcantara grips
- MSO Black switch pack, chassis controls and dials
- MSO Carbon Fibre High downforce front splitter
- MSO Carbon Fibre Front Dive planes
- MSO Carbon Fibre Front wings with visual louvres
- MSO Carbon Fibre Bonnet with painted side panels
- MSO Carbon Fibre Door Blades with MSO logo
- MSO Carbon Fibre ROOF Snorkel with painted side panels
- MSO Carbon Fibre High Rear Wing with painted livery
- MSO Carbon Fibre Rear Bumper air outlets
- MSO Carbon Fibre Engine lid side venting
- MSO GT3 style painted rear bumper
- MSO Carbon Fibre Rear diffuser
- Carbon Fibre Interior upgrade
- Carbon Fibre Sill covers
- Carbon Fibre Wheel arches
- Carbon Fibre Engine Covers
- Carbon Fibre Engine bay panels
- Carbon Fibre Turning vanes with painted livery
- MSO Painted design livery to wing mirrors
- MSO Painted gloss black Superlight alloys
- Ceramic brakes – Polished metal callipers
- Tyre pressure system
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Stealth pack to exhaust tips
- McLaren Branded floor mats
- Lithium car charger
- Bespoke McLaren Racing MSO 12C branded indoor cover
When MSO has completed the car, it was immediately 100% wrapped in high quality paint protection film that is protecting this unique paintwork perfectly.
The was first registered in October 2018 to its 1 registered keeper, making it almost certainly the very last to be registered as new.
Supplied for sale directly after major service and full inspection by McLaren, with new Pirelli Trofeo R tyres to finish the look and sold with 12 months comprehensive warranty.
NB: Rocket Red is an exceptionally hard colour for cameras to capture accurately and it will also vary depending on the screen used to view, so please note that the colour is the traditional Rocket Red used by McLaren.
Please call me to discuss your interest and to arrange a viewing.
Finance can be arranged.